Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Nothing Bad could Happen to you There

Tiffany Blue Box

If anyone knows me, one could probably guess my signature color that I use on anything, for everything. Formally known as PMS 1837, this signature color Tiffany and Co. uses to brand themselves since they were founded in 1837, and a color I use for everything. I’ve always found Tiffany & Co. to be classic and timeless brand, feeling more attached to the Tiffany Blue color than the brand itself. For every gift I have received from Tiffany’s, I keep my ‘little blue box’. Even for gifts my mother or friends receive I ask for their box, thinking I could create a “memorabilia” of my own one day.


Recently, Tiffany & Co and their signature color have popped back into the limelight due to recent press coverage from events and television references. During a recent episode of Gossip Girl, the soon-to-be Princess of Monaco Blair Waldorf mentions the Tiffany Suite at the St. Regis Hotel for her bridal shower. Now when I heard Tiffany Suite, I automatically pressed pause on the television (rarely do I ever do that), and googled Tiffany Suite St. Regis into the search bar. There pops up a beautiful, one-of-a-kind St. Regis suite decked out in everything Tiffany Blue from pearls hanging from the chandelier of the Tiffany Blue dining room, to coloured walls adorning the foyer painted in their signature color. Mind you the room rents for about $9,500 a night, and the fact I have never heard about since now, it’s already written down on my bucket list to stay in one day (whether it be for a Bridal shower or not).


Even this past week, Rachel Zoe revamped the Tiffany & Co. windows on 5th Ave in honor of the Academy Awards this coming weekend. Even though the windows brought attention to her own personal brand, it gave every consumer another reason to venture to Tiffany’s windows on the corner of 57th and 5th. These windows designs will travel to various flagship stores in New York, Beverly Hills, Hong Kong, and London featuring the Fleur de Mer broach given to the late Elizabeth Taylor. In the words of Holly Golightly regarding Tiffany’s, “The quietness, the proud look. Nothing bad could happen to you there”, a quote that reminds me time and time again why I enjoy creating anything in the color Tiffany Blue,, “it calms me down right away.



Ciao,

Julia Mickus

No comments:

Post a Comment