Thursday, February 2, 2012

Marc Jacobs Glues Models Feet

Posted By AehsanAli Momin Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:45:00 AM


So I don't know if you guys have heard but Marc Jacobs revealed he glues the shoes for runway onto the models feet. I don't even know what is going on in this world. I mean maybe it's a good idea because the shoes won't fall off.

Marc Jacobs who currently is the creative director for Louis Vuitton is looking to keep everything perfect for the show. He does not want the models falling on the runway. "At the Louis Vuitton SS12 show last autumn, the teetering heels models wore were stuck to the models feet with wig glue," reported the Sunday Times Style magazine. "It's just one of the backstage tricks that Marc Jacobs and his team use to ensure that everything is perfect on the day."

I asked some girl friends about this and they weren't too upset claiming that having designer shoes glued to their feet would be a dream come true or something like that. I think they are just crazy.

I do have some questions though how do they get the shoes off? Is the shoes complete garbage after? The models feet from what I have seen are already pretty savage after all the catwalks they have walked down. Does the glue help or make them worse?

But, concedes the Daily Mail, there cannot be a better excuse for models who want to walk off with a free pair of designer heels, than: "I'm sorry but I can't get them off my feet."

Thank goodness I do not have to worry about high heels, platforms or any other shoe with height. I prefer my flat shoes, but who knows maybe one-day men will be wearing high heels. I am dreading this thought and feel it will look very awkward.

To Marc Jacobs, you got where you are for a reason so I will stand behind your beliefs. All I ask is you stay away from my feet, but feel free to invite me to your show so I can view up close how the models are doing with shoes glued to their feet.

1 comment:

  1. トリーバーチの実店舗に行ったことがありますか?たぶん、多くの女性はただネットショップで購入したことがありますが、実店舗に行ったことはそんなに頻繁ではありませんね。実は、私もいつもそうですよ!だって、実店舗に行くことは本当に面倒くさいですね!数日前、トリーバーチ バッグをネットショップで購入しました。すごく綺麗ですよ!上質な素材で、魅力的な見た目が一気に高級感を演出してくれる。

    ReplyDelete