Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What is style?

Again I quote Yves St. Laurent, my favorite expression; “ fashions fade, style is eternal.” Browsing in the fashion section of Chapters, I came across the new edition of Vogue covers. The book features some of the most influential faces of fashion and depicts true style. The fashion cycle is always changing but being fashionable or having style isn’t just about having the latest top or trousers from H & M. Aside from clothing, style is about being confident. My moto is keeping it simple and classic. To me that defines style, something as simple as a white silk blouse, classic pants and a simple pair of pearl earrings makes a statement and isn’t over done. My style icon would have to be Lauren Conrad, she is always well groomed, well dressed and it’s obvious she is comfortable.



Take this picture for example; Lauren’s style is feminine and glamorous. Her outfits are all very simple which true style I believe is expressed through. Something as basic as trousers and a button down but by adding colour to your shoes and hair you can add a little extra.

Katie Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment