Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Potato Your Face

My sister and I have fairly good skin. We get the occasional acne blemish, but it's nothing we don't take care of right away. What our problem is, is the occasionally acne scar that is left behind. We've tried soaps, cleansers, lotions and even dermatologist recommended products. There wasn't much results.
I was watching YouTube videos, when I saw a title that caught my attention, "How Did I Get Rid of Acne Scar Naturally in 3 Days!". Interested, I clicked on it. Her secret was potatoes. Taking a raw potato and cut 4 thin slices from it. Take those slices and rub them all over your face. Let it sit on your face for 15 minutes, then wash off your face with your usually cleanser. You would do this twice a day, for 3 days.
Some research lead me to an online article, "Give thanks for the humble spud". Turns out potatoes are stalked up on vitamins and minerals that your body and skin are greedy for. What I understood, there are compound in these spuds that help to lighten dark mark in the skin. The same compounds are being use in many cosmetics and anti-aging products. The biggest upside, potatoes are safe to use on all skin types.
We decide to try this organic and natural alternative. I haven't been very faithful to the cause, but my sister has. What we noticed right away that was that are skin had become much softer. The scars on my face were never that dark to begin with, but there had been a noticeable change in my sisters appearance. She's been using this process for more than three days, but she's not complaining.
If it works, it works.
Dani Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment