Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shoedreams

By Erin Powers

With my favourite season fast approaching I can't help but start to daydream of sangria with girlfreinds on a patio, shopping on sunny afternoons and hitting the town on hot summer nights. When I find myself longing for warmer weather my mind automatically shifts to the fabulous summer shoes I hope to be wearing for the season (doesn't everyone shoedream? No? Just me then, sigh). Here's a few fabulous pieces of footwear that I can't get out of my "shoedreams".


Now I must admit I have always loved a wedge. What's not to love, all the benefits of a heel with the comfort of a flat, and every summer I find myself purchasing at least two new pairs to add to my collection (yes I know, excessive). This season I am coveting the YSL puzzle wedge (pictured right). It's architectural and the nude colour is another of my current shoe obsessions. DVF also came out with a wedge that got my attention, the Opal wedge (pictured left). They have a simple silhouette and I keep envisioning these wonderful shoes with a breezy maxi dress and bangles. Ahhh summer.





Another shoe trend that keeps showing up this season is the an
kle strap. Thin, thick, embellished, I can't seem to kick this trend
out of my shoedreams. One of my favourite ankle strap shoes comes from my favourite shoe artist - Brian Atwood. His "Collins" shoe (pictured right) in antique rose suede with the buckle detail on the ankle strap is the perfect mix of masculine and feminine, and a shoe I am definitely hoping to add to my collection (or at least a cheaper imitation, shhhh don't tell). The shoe of the season for me though has to be the Jimmy Choo Caitlin (pictured left). I especially love the coral colour and the double ankle strap is the perfect combination of trendy and classic. This shoe can take you from patio sangrias (clearly a summertime favourite) to a night on the town, and will add a touch of glamour to any outfit.

So here's to summer, sun and amazing shoes.

Happy Shoedreams!














No comments:

Post a Comment