Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cooper It's Cold Outside!

By Erin Powers


I'm not sure about everyone else out there but the weather here in good ol' T.O. has had me less than thrilled to go outside lately. As much as I love the outdoors I have to admit that I'm definitely more of a beach bum than ski bunny, and the thought of layering on all those pieces of clunky winter protection just to take Cooper (my Shih Tzu, and love of my life) out for a walk leaves me feeling slightly underwhelmed at the beauty of the season. So in order to make this daily task as enjoyable as possible in -25 degree weather, I have tried to ensure that my "clunky winter protection" is as stylish as possible.


My first line of defense is always a great pair of boots. Cooper loves to go ploughing through 2 foot high piles of snow, and since he is just a little guy, I inevitably end up in the snow pile digging him out. This year I got my hands on a pair of Rachel boots ($235.00) by the canadian company Pajar and my feet have been thanking me ever since. They stay dry and warm during our snowy adventures which is more than I can say for Cooper. For a full list of retailers carrying these boots head to http://www.pajar.com/en/store+locator






My second weapon in my battle against the cold is my Lululemon Pinnacle jacket ($298.00). It is the warmest jacket I have ever put on and the belt ensures that I dont look like the abominable snowman. The hood is big enough to fit over my winter hat, but still stays on during windy days,. Go to www.lululemon.ca for more details on availability at stores near you.





The last thing I never leave the house without is an extra warm scarf, in a bright colour to remind me that spring is (according to Wiarton Willy) just around the corner. Kenneth Cole does a really warm and soft cashmere blend pashmina that comes in six great colours ($69.98). To find a retailer near you carrying these pashminas go to www.kennethcole.com and click Find A Store, or you can save some time (and not have to go outside - Bonus!) and order directly from the website.





Lastly, since I have been chattering on about my cold weather ordnances, I certainly do not send my adorable little dog out into the elements unprotected. He is a small dog with a huge heart and I thought he should have a jacket that shows everyone just how tough little dogs can be. I bought this little security jacket at Pink Paw in Yorkdale, for more information go to
www.thepinkpaw.com

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment