Thursday, February 3, 2011

No one wants ashy elbows and cracked lips!


By: Patrick Jason Calara

Just when we thought Mother Nature was going to stop with the snowfall, she decided, yesterday, that it wasn't enough and that we deserved another 15 inch of snow. So, I guess we are just going to have the face the fact that winter is here to stay, and suck it up by layering and moisturizing until spring arrives.

I, personally, have a strong hate/love relationship with winter. Snow is pretty on Christmas day and weeks leading up to the day, but after that I want it to melt. The worst part about it is the ice… lets just say I’ll need to wear butt pads to ease the amount of bruising due to my casual slip and slide dance movement!

Although it would be nic
e if I we had a switch that changed the weather from winter white to hot n spicy, we just can’t. We are just going to have to live with it.

During the winter, our skin gets really sensitive and moisture is being sucked right out causing ashy elbows/hands/knees, chap/cracked lips, and our face turning dry white - not pretty! My winter obsessions is to have a good lip balm & great body moisturizer (because remember no one wants to see ashy elbows).

1. Burt’s Bees – Beeswax Lip Balm
I honestly love this! I own 10 and I have them in stock everywhere: one in every jacket pocket, backpack, pencil case, car, at my locker at work etc. This lip balm is just under $5 dollars and it has amazing moisturizing capabilities. And an added bonus is that it comes in different flavours- my favourite is mint!

2. Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1
This lip balm is a treat. Its great but its a little bit more expensive than Burts Bees, but I love having options. Apply a pea size amount and it completely covers your lips! The best part about the lip balm is the fragrance, makes you want to eat it. It also contains SPF 15. Great to have if you want kissable lips on Valentine’s Day. Try Mango!

3. The Body Shop’s Body Butter
Now I never thought I would actually go into this store until I was required to buy lotion for my trip to the Dominican. This body butter is so silky smooth, it feels like luxury. They have a different kind for different skin types, but my favourite is Brazil Nut because it smells delicious and moisturizes all day, which is amazing! What’s also great is that The Body Shop has just recently dropped their prices and all Body Butter is now $16CDN rather than $20CDN.

Visit
Burt’s Bees, Kiehl's, and The Body Shop’s Website for more info on where to purchase these amazing products. You won't be disappointed, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment