Tuesday, March 20, 2012

SPRING-SUMMER 2012| Trends that need to DISAPPEAR

Now I have to admit, I am absolutely ‘IN LOVE’ with the Spring/Summer 2012 collection that is currently in stores. I cant help going into stores like Zara, Mendocino, Aritzia, H&M, and French Connection without leaving with yet another piece to add to my quickly expanding wardrobe. Not to mention the amazing assortment I have found at Town Shoes, Capezio, and Browns for Spring/Summer shoes. It seems to me there are just too many things to buy, and not nearly enough money in the bank to pay for my mile-long wish list. Now while I am clearly on a high from the warm weather and new collections, it is not enough for me to tolerate 2 particular fashion trends that I feel should be banned from all stores.

Lets start with the sheer layer skirt . This style has got to go, not only is it unattractive but it looks like the sewers kept running out of fabric. They had to use a green print for the slip underneath that only ended up going mid-thigh and used three types of sheer lace and tulle to get the dress to reach the floor. Talk about mixed messages. I honestly have no suggestions on how to wear this skirt. When I asked a fellow fashion trend-setter about her thoughts on the piece, she replied with, "You should buy these, then throw them in a mud puddle, dance on them, and light them with gasoline and a match." Talk about strong opinions.

ZARA; Long Tulle Swiss Dot Skirt

To make matters even worse, Zara came out with pants in this same style that are equally appalling. While there are some less horrible versions of this trend, seeing these pieces have ruined the whole look for me. There are just too many things going on in this outfit, and its only the pants! Im not even including the bright shoes that add to the overwhelming effect of this outfit. When I asked my same fellow fashion trend-setter what she thought of these pants, this was her reply, "i'm going to take scissors and cut this up into 1 million pieces, throw it in a box, wrap it with a whole roll of duct tape, mail it to australia with a note that says 'burn before opening," and i couldn't have said it better myself.

ZARA; Sheer Flower Print Trousers

The second trend that needs to disappear, has been around for several years. Ever since the initial arrival of this skirt, I have despised it. Not only is it absolutely unattractive, its incredibly cheap-looking. Especially now, with the bohemian look off of our radar this season, this skirt as well as the previous 2 pieces, need to be locked away far from the world so they dont see or remember it. You can only wear peasant blouses and panelled skirts for so long before you just start to look like a bag lady.

ZARA; Panelled Skirt

That is all.

Jamie Duncan
@JamieLDuncan

No comments:

Post a Comment