Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Hair Product That Saved My Life by Christina Di Pede


This hair product saved my life. Seriously. About two and a half months ago, I took out my glued-in keratin bond hair extensions, which I had maintained for exactly one year. This left my hair dry, thin, and basically looking like it had gone through a shredder. Not to mention about 20% of my head was covered in bald spots. Yes, actual bald spots where, over time, the extensions had ripped my hair out by the follicles.

Upon taking them out, I was anxious and terrified that I would have self-inflicted bald patches on my scalp forever. I frantically began researching natural remedies to make my hair grow. My googling led me to Castor Oil. Armed with my Whole Foods purchase of an almost half litre bottle of pure, cold pressed oil, I spent my 2 and a half weeks of vacation tanning in the sun with it by my beach chair. Let me tell you, this stuff is unbelievable.

Also known as Palma Christi, or Palm of Christ, castor oil is absorbed by your skin all the way to the most inner layer of your dermis. It contains a high dose of natural essential fatty acids, which is why it builds and strengthens both your hair and skin. It stimulates your follicles, increases circulation, and speeds up hair growth exponentially. Within exactly one month, my hair had grown almost one inch, was about 30% fuller, stopped breaking off completely, and about half the hair that had been ripped out by extensions had started coming in. Two and a half months later, I’m still amazed by the rate at which my hair is growing. I know I sound like an infomercial right now, but seriously, this product will give you the hair you’ve always dreamed of.

The best brand is Tropic Isle’s Jamaican Black. It has more ash content in it, which makes it far more effective than the regular cold-pressed version. It's a little harder to find, but you can try beauty supply stores that specialize in African American hair, or you can order it online at Amazon. http://www.tropicisleliving.com

To use:

· massage into roots

· leave for a few hours or overnight

· wash out with a small amount of baking soda mixed in your shampoo

· repeat at least 2x a week but is safe for every day use

No comments:

Post a Comment