Thursday, March 22, 2012

Etsy: A Treasury of Fashion



One of the most addicting and my personal favourite website is Etsy.
Etsy is a online shopping website. The main distinguishing feature about Etsy is that it is an online community selling homemade products. Etsy supports small independent vendors. Etsy has many categories to select from to make your search easier, from accessories, clothing, housewares to toys. Etsy has everything your mind can imagine homemade and sometimes items you never ever thought of.



My personal favourite is the jewelry and clothing sections. On Etsy I can find pieces that are one of kind and order custom made pieces for myself. Knowing no one else has one just like mine makes the extra cost worth it.

Being able to order custom made or made to order pieces is one of Etsy's biggest selling point for me. This can be an amazing thing for people like me who don't always fit normal clothes in stores and custom made pieces fit perfectly.




Lately I have been obsessed with searching Etsy for handmade swimsuits. Summer is just around the corner! Everyone is searching for that one perfect bikini. Getting one of Etsy means no one else on my beach will have the same bathing suit.


One of my favourite vendors currently making handmade bikinis that are made to order. The vendor is Mimi Hammer. She is situated in Montreal, Quebec. Buying off her site supports Canadian talent. She makes bathing suits that are fun and original.

All in all Etsy is a fun place to window shop while sitting at home and to order one of a kind pieces for your wardrobe and home.

TTFN,

Louise


No comments:

Post a Comment