Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Say Yes To The Costco Dress

No it’s not a TLC show, Costco really is selling Wedding Dresses.

One of my guilty pleasures is diving into a Say Yes To The Dress or Four Weddings marathon to watch those bridezillas and overly opinionated mothers and bridesmaids. A major part which seems to be consistent with most of the brides that appear on the show, and gets me to rack my brain in disbelief, is when they try on dresses that are way out of their price range. They cry and complain, look disappointed when they can’t find anything they can afford and try and guilt the store managers in to giving them every discount imaginable. For some of the lucky girls, they manage to make it work… for others they aren’t as lucky and need to look elsewhere.

Fortunately for them, an unexpected retailer is creating a line of wedding dresses at affordable prices: Costco. A store known for buying bulk at low prices, it is a favourite of many, but will there wedding dress lines be a hit? Or is it too far out there to buy the dress for your big day at Costco?

Designer Kirstie Kelly has teamed up with your favourite bulk store for a collection of wallet friendly wedding gowns entitled “CostCouture”. There are 6 dresses ranging from sizes 2 to 24 with a prices starting at $699 and maxing out at $1,399. A far cry from Kleinfeld’s where a bride can’t seem to find a dress for under $2500.

Now I’m not getting married anytime soon and I’m not one who understands or could justify spending thousands and thousands of dollars for a party…. I guess I just don’t have that dream wedding marital bone in me. The “CostCoture” price is right but even I don’t think I could wrap my head around buying a dress at Costco.

Below are the four of the six looks courtesy of Kirstie Kelly.

by: Melissa Laborie

No comments:

Post a Comment