Monday, March 14, 2011

A little goes along way

By: Patrick Jason Calara

My favourite thing to do, is fall in love with simplicity. Simple beauty, simple style and a simple look go a long way. Minimalism brings out a certain something that other styles of clothing do not. When simple pieces of clothing are put together, there’s just something refreshing about it. A person is not so hidden behind the clothing, after all, the man should make the clothes, and the clothes don’t make the man. It’s all about the way you wear the clothes. A simple camel tone trench coat matched with plain black leather leggings paired with a cream button up shirt, with cute shoes added (of course), is such a simple look but it can really compliment someone, of an shape or size.

Aritzia has been able to come up with pieces of clothing that are simple yet chic. “Edit down to sleek simple pieces.” I agree! The pictures shown above are just a few examples of what you can do with minimalism. J’adore j’adore j’adore! I’m all for it!

With minimalism, it is also easier to match clothing, and if you buy simple pieces, you are able to create more outfits than you can with really eccentric pieces of clothing. In the end, it’s all about how you wear it. I’m a simple person, I like nice things too, but at the end of the day, I am confident in what I wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment