Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Cure to Spring Fever

Erin Powers

By now any of you that have read my previous blog posts have figured out that I am a lover of all things spring and warm weather related. So to continue with my warm weather countdown and in the hopes that some of you out there will catch my spring fever I have been on a quest for some amazing spring jackets to share with you.

The perfect spring jacket can dress up your everyday jeans and t-shirt, add some colour to a neutral outfit, easily transitions from day to night and most importantly ensures you look stylish and put together when in the middle of furiously creating the most elaborate meal for a dinner party you realize you forgot to pick up an essential ingredient. Sigh, back to the grocery store. Good thing you have that perfect spring coat to cover up your boyfriend's flour covered t-shirt.



T.Tahari is a line that I was introduced to about a year ago and is one of my personal favourites. Their spring 2011 Diana coat is a great basic trench coat with modern flair. I love the 3/4 sleeves (great for showing off a fab new bracelet or statement ring) and how the fabric is slightly less structured than a classic trench. Super easy to wear, and will look fantastic on everyone. At $228.oo the Diana coat is definitely a piece that will stay with you for years.




For my girls out there who like something a little more unexpected in their spring coat, fear not I have something for you as well. The Eyelet Trench Coat ($149.oo from Bebe) in evening mist is a great spring topper for all you ladies who love things vintage inspired. For the slightly bad ass girl, the Studded Twill Trench ($169.oo) from Bebe is a great combination of tough and chic.






Since I am aware that not everyone out there has the same appreciation for a trench coat as me. I found some pieces that are still chic, modern and in no way resemble a trench coat. Topshop (who now ships to Canada, pinch me and hide my wallet please) has tons of options. One of my favourites is their white linen blazer. It will look fabulous with everything from jeans to dresses, flats to heels and take you from day to night and at $94.oo this ideal spring topper is also affordable. The genius team at Topshop also has something for the sportier lass as well. The Pac - a - Parka is waterproof, stylish and can be rolled up and stored in your purse when you don't need it. The bright yellow colour is one of my favourite colours this spring and the $40.00 price tag isn't bad either.

So grab some friends, a great pair of flats and a Starbucks lemonade and enjoy your hunt for the perfect spring jacket.

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment