Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Oh Scarborough! What did you do to me?

By: Patrick Jason Calara

I cannot believe that I will be graduating soon. No more late nights or doing assignments the night before because I chose to party rather then sit at home and not have a life. But with the finally days of college ending and soon starting a new chapter in my life, as I look back I must say I had quite a few fashion melt downs. Trust me you wouldn’t think a skinny, gay, Asian guy like myself would be wearing baggy jeans, a triple X t-shirts and walking around town thinking I got swag but really I looked like I crapped my pants. Its embarrassing to say but its true! I would have never guessed coming from the city to moving 30 minutes away would make a difference in the way I dressed. With that being said here are my top 5 ghetto-fab trends of Toronto's Far East:

1. The Labels


If the brand has to be by a artist in the Rap/R&B music industry, if its not, then do more reserch!

2.The Baggy Jeans

The bigger, the baggier, the better!

3. The Low Riders

If they weren't past your butt cheeks then you weren't considered "gangsta"!

4. The Airbrush T-Shirt

Everyone has to have a nickname reflecting yourself and end it with the letter Z to sound cool. So if I was skinny would be called BONEZ.

5. The Belt

Just when you thought that the airbrushed T-shirts weren't enough you had to have a matching belt again with the same nickname.


If you thought this was it, trust me it ain't! These are just the basics to fit in.And what I find sad is that kids actually still thing it's so fashionable, even adults wear this in the upper east side (Laugh out loud). Thank God, I don't dress like that now!








No comments:

Post a Comment