Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Must-Have Accessories for Spring 2013


So, I have rounded up my 5 favourite must-have accessory trends for the Spring season. It was a difficult choice, but these are fun, easy to find, and wearable.

1.     The Mini

I am obsessed with the mini handbag. It might be the cutest trend of the season and you can get a few in various colours. The Reed Krakoff micro boxer is my all time favourite- Not only do I love the electric blue colour (especially for Spring), but I also adore how it's structured. Below it, is the 3.1 Phillip Lim Mini Pashli Satchet. The top handle and snakeskin print are key selling points. 

 Reed Krakoff

 3.1 Phillip Lim


2.     Black and White

This trend is a given as everyone has been talking about it- black and white. You can play up the contrasting colours in either geometric shapes or stripes. I love the Celine calfskin slipper in the colour block. If you are feeling a bit edgier, the Nicholas Kirkwood striped block heel is sure to turn heads. 



Celine


Nicholas Kirkwood


3.     Seeing Clearly

The clear plastic trend seems to be on everyone’s radar this Spring. A beautiful shoe is the Celine Optic Mule, made of shiny calfskin and smoked vinyl. Pair it with an all white suit and you’re the center of attention. If you don’t want to break the bank, I adore the Marc by Marc Jacobs clear top handle satchel. Just be sure to keep the inside of your bag clean, of course!

 Celine


Marc by Marc Jacobs


4.     Pastel Dream

Pastels are sticking with us for another season, which I am excited about. I love the blush Mulberry Alexa bag. It’s an iconic handbag and its more neutral colour gives you the opportunity to wear it at any time. The Alexander McQueen structured Heroine tote is beautiful and I find the pastel colour to be perfect. 

 Mulberry
 Alexander McQueen


5.     Stackin’ It

I have saved by favourite accessory trend for last- Stackin’ It. I have started following a blog called  Me and Lex, and the sister duo stack vintage and new necklaces above one another to create the look of a bib. I find it to be stunning and I cannot wait to try it for Spring. The bib necklace from Dannijo is a more subtle way of creating a stacked look- or if you’re loving the look...stack on!



Me and Lex

 Dannijo


 - Carolyn Beaudry

No comments:

Post a Comment