Thursday, June 21, 2012

Style Your Inner Child

If you're a jewelry connoisseur, comme moi, then you've seen the multitude of necklaces covered in rainbow thread, or the sudden over-accessibility of neon-coloured rhinestone collars -- Tom Binns would be spinning in his grave, you know, if he were not alive. While I'm not necessarily jumping all over the trend (not shocking with my devotion to black) I like the idea of childhood whimsy behind it.
Rainbow thread brings me back to senior kindergarten when the coolest, most popular girl, Courtney, put rainbow thread in her running shoes and won all the boys' fancy and clearly some of the girls'. Now my most favourite pieces reflect my childhood from my satin cat print 'Duchesse' Miu Mius to my crystal Cinderella-esque Pradas and most recently my navy and white Bekket Isabel Marants that look identical to my first pair of Spice Girls-era platform sneakers. Kitties, Disney, and Girl Power -- my life as a little girl in a nutshell, now interpreted in high fashion.
Embrace your past and wear your inner-child on your neck. And maybe add a dinosaur, or two.

-Hallae Khosravi

No comments:

Post a Comment