Thursday, June 21, 2012

French Connection


Paris Vogue in English!? Mais Oui!!

I've been a fan of Paris Vogue for years. During my formative years I attended French schools. However after high school I neither spoke or read in French very often. And then by the grace of the Conde Nast gods, I discovered Paris Vogue. It gave me everything I needed to stay fluent in French,while simultaneously transporting me to a place that I dreamed about going. Europe! France! and most of all Paris!
That was quite a while ago now though, and I'm still a devoted Paris vogue reader. I live in a city where some European magazine issues are a month behind hitting the news stands. Sometimes I've gone as far as requesting current issues from friends when they are travelling somewhere where they can get it, on time! And whatever destination I'm headed to, I surely have a copy on hand as my go to reading. In short, I'm borderline obsessed.....
In the spirit of that. I HEREBY WELCOME ENGLISH SPEAKERS TO THE WORLD OF PARIS VOGUE!
Why is it so special? you ask. Simply put: There are some things in life you didn't know you were missing until you've tried it.. And Paris vogue is one of theses things.Readers are given the opportunity to sample life through the eyes of the modern Parisienne. The fashion editorials are somehow more racy but not raunchy, the articles and their content are keeping you abreast of Europe's talented and fabulous forays into fashion and most importantly it gives you a perspective on fashion that is uniquely Paris Vogue's.
The inaugural has "darling" Kate Moss on the cover sporting her colours. A fitting entry into the Anglophile realm...N'est ce pas?
The Internet has allowed us to break down many communication barriers, and this seems to be a logical step in broadening their readership. I wonder who will be next to follow suit? Until then, I'm about to peruse the site for the very first time..... YEAH!!!
Add caption
If you want to check it out here's the link: Paris Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment