Monday, May 16, 2011

SIX S/S 2011 FASHION TRENDS

By MOsolova DAsha

I can’t speak for everyone but I'm so glad that winter is finally over. I hate cold weather and I absolutely adore spring and summer clothes. In this blog entry I would like to acquaint you with this season’s eight major fashion trends.

1.The most important trend this summer is neon colours. They are bright vivid, expressive and generally fun! They can be worn either day or night. I’m quite aware that some people feel that they can’t pull off bright colors and prefer pastels. But if you are not apprehensive about wearing bold vivid colours then it's a perfect trend for you!


2.The second trend is stripes. My feeling is that stripes are popular every season. This classic trend is timeless and chic. Stripes will never go out of style. You can wear stripes with pretty much everything: jeans, shorts, skirts, you name it.

3. What girl doesn't like lace? It's so flirty, sexy and feminine. It just occurred to me that I’ve used the word feminine too many times in this blog post. In my defense, it seems to be the best word to describe the spring/summer 2011 fashion trends.






4. Floral prints. A lot of girls would be happy to wear floral skirts, shirts, and dresses. It’s romantic and feminine. But be careful so as not to wind up looking like your grandmother.


5. Maxi dresses and maxi skirts. I am so in love this trend - very feminine! I have witnessed a lot of girls sporting this look. And contrary to popular belief, a woman doesn’t need to be tall to carry this look.










6. High waisted pants and shorts. It was big trend a few years ago and it’s making a comeback. I love 70's fashion, it's so sophisticated and classy.




No comments:

Post a Comment