Thursday, May 5, 2011

MET Gala 2011: Blessings in Disguise

By: Finency Anggreni Setioyuwono

May 2nd 2011 marked the 63rd annual Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. While I always adore this red-carpet moment – it is one of the biggest fashion industry’s events and always reveals the most daring and over-the-top pieces – this year is particularly special because we are honoring the genius Alexander McQueen, entitled Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty

In tribute to the MET Gala, I have complied a smattering of my favorite looks from the event and am pleased to present them. Be sure to let me know which gowns are your favorites - and why!




Hands down for the best dressed of the night! Diana Kruger totally looks superb in Jason Wu. The beading, the slit, those sleeves, and her Veronica Lake hair, not to mention her Van Cleef & Arpels earrings and Jimmy Choo clutch she selected. Simply takes my breath away!




My second favourite choice is Gisele Bündchen. She wore a stunning strapless red fist-tail gown from Alexander McQueen Fall 2005 collection.




Emma Roberts totally caught my attention. She chose Michael Kors one-shoulder dress with one-side waist cutout. Trés sophisticated!




Gwyneth Paltrow in Stella McCartney. Her look reminds me of Anne Hathaway Golden Globe 2011 dress, long-sleeve cream dress with sequin details. But hey, that high slit and daring back make her looks hot!


Images from Tumblr and Just Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment