Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Virtual Virgin


I have to say at first I was hesitant to start online shopping, there was too much risk.  I like the tangibility of actually going shopping, and it is almost like a sport to me! However, recently I started to break into it, ordering some stuff here and there… now I feel practically addicted! Not good for a student making minimum wage, but what can I say, its all for the cause.

I lost my innocence to www.aldoshoes.com, which wasn’t an A+ experience but I did get my ordered and it didn’t take long to ship to me either. I did experience quite a few issues with the website itself; mixed up order numbers and sent my receipt to my friends email.  Forget about calling customer service, after an hour and a half waiting on hold I gave up.  In the end the order arrived correctly, and I was so pleased to receive what seemed like a present in the mail that I forgot all about that.

                  

 My next online experience was much better. I recently became a customer of www.nastygal.com, an online shopping site based out of the U.S, and I couldn’t be more thrilled. They were having an epic sale so I couldn’t resist putting in an order for some cute garment. $300 dollars later, and three of my girlfriends additions to my order, I took part in my second online shopping transaction. It took only about five business days to arrive, and I was pleased with what I got, as were the other girls. The box and wrapping were so cute and featured kiss marks, and with the tracking I always knew exactly where it was and when I was to expect it. In addition it was free shipping to Canada on orders over $50, and the duty wasn’t outrageous, as standard $39.99. I will definitely be ordering again.

                    

The most important thing I’ve learned from shopping online is that reading the size description is a must! For Nasty Gal I found this to be most important with because the sizing is inconsistent, some items I fit a small, and some a medium. However the site makes it pretty easy for you to see what size you want because it gives you the measurements of the garments, as well as the pictured models size and stats.  Overall I have to say I enjoy online shopping, you get unlimited selection, and usually you end up with better prices or deals from buying online, sounds like a win-win situation for my closet, my credit card statement may be another story.


-Adriana Sandu



No comments:

Post a Comment