Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I Can't Believe It's Walmart!

It's possible! Walmart is upping its fashion game and I'm not afraid to admit, I've shopped there for more than just movies and medicine.

I'm on a budget, and lately I've been shopping at Sirens and Winners for cheaper fashion options. After being on a cheap treasure hunt for a year now, I recently came across a store I always go to for every day needs, and now for fashion finds. This being the store I would have never in my life considered buying clothes, shoes or accessories from - Walmart.

I would never have thought to shop at the one store I've hated for its fashion section in years. When my mom used to ask me if I wanted clothes from Walmart my reaction was, "Ew, are you kidding me? It's Walmart!" Yet now, even I have been considering shopping there. Me, the person who always made fun of people for purchasing Walmart clothing items. Though, lately I've been noticing it has seriously been upping its fashion game. Now before you go and make fun of me - where Karma is deserved - let me prove to you my point.


I met someone working backstage at a fashion show wearing this wonderful faux fur jacket - in white. Here I am complimenting her thinking it was probably $1,000 when she tells me, "It's actually from Walmart. I got it for $60.00!"


  I recently needed appropriate shoes for a last minute out of town outing. A cheap and quick pick up. I rushed into Walmart, and low and behold I found these on trend ankle boots. It looked perfect with my outfit! You wouldn't even be able to tell it's from Walmart!


I bought these knee high burgundy boots at Brown's (left) for $300.00. Boy did it irritate me when I found the exact same boots at Walmart (right) for $30.00! Look at how much money I could have saved!


Now I'm not saying I'm ready to commit to revamping my wardrobe to Walmart swag, but I'm just saying - I can't believe this is Walmart!



By Kavitha Gnana

No comments:

Post a Comment