Tuesday, February 12, 2013

5 Awesome Spring/Summer 2013 Runway Trends


Is it just me or is everyone else just itching for the warm weather to come back? How could you not with the spring/summer runway shows beginning, the winter sales dwindling down, and the spring clothes racks starting to roll out?

After watching some of the shows, reading some blogs, and doing some shopping, I’ve decided that these are the trends I am most excited about for the upcoming season:

Bermuda Shorts – one of my favorite things to wear, they are nice and breezy, and you can dress them up or down. This season we aren’t seeing the usual black dress pant like Bermuda shorts, no this season we will see them in different fabrics such as rayon, polyester, and even denim, as well as in prints and pastels. 




 Black and White Colour Blocking – something about this trend really sparks my interest, I don’t know if the extreme contrast, or geometric/futuristic aspects about the trend are better! Plus black and white is easy to match and you can still add pops of colour with accessories!



Alexander Wang                 Jason Wu                           Marc Jacobs

 Beading – I have always been one to love some sparkle in my clothes, my friends will tell you, if its glittered or sequinned I will love it! However this season to add the sparkle designers are opting to add detailed beadwork to their pieces, and I love it! It adds an exotic and unique element to your garments, and it won’t irritate your skin, unlike many sequinned garments. In addition it adds a sense of luxury to the garment, because beadwork often resembles lots of time and craftsmanship, depending on if its done right.


Oscar De La Renta                     Altuzurra                         Marchesa 


Short Suits – I haven’t entered the corporate world as of yet, but short suits just fascinate me, and it’s a trend I can’t wait to start rocking. I love the structured side to this type of suit, with the modern and sexy flair of pairing a blazer with shorts instead of full-length pants, this will make a summers day at the office “cooler” and fun.

Michael Kors                     Tory Burch                  Helmut Lang


Flats and Low Rise Heels – I know for this trend many will disagree, but my feet are saying “thank goodness!” enough with the sky high stilettos for awhile, and give our achy beat up feet a break. I am definitely excited to see more trendy kitten heels hitting the shelves.


Peter Som                                        Marc by Marc Jacobs



-Adriana Sandu


No comments:

Post a Comment