Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Deeds

When you purchase or receive a new article of clothing, set aside three pieces you don’t wear (The stuff kickin around, pickin up dust and takin up valuable wardrobe space- it can go). Then have a party! When you get together with wine, gingerbread and gals, exchange outfits.

This year, I have set aside a jean jacket that accentuates my short stature, two tops that are not in my color pallet and a pair of stilettos I never quite got the hang of. I attached myself to these garments for sentimental reasons, but if the pieces don’t fit my body type, it doesn’t mean they can’t fit a friend. Knowing my beloved garments are going to a good home is better than knowing they may end up in a landfill.

If the gals cant make a girls night in, just grab your bestie and shop in each other’s closets. Ask yourself when you pick up a piece you already own; would I purchase this today? You know what to do if the answer is no.

This is also a good time to take an inventory of your closet- so when you are Boxing Day shopping, you know what not to waste money on.

Remember, the average woman, only wears 20% of her closet.

Here’s a thought- a local women’s centre would be ecstatic to take those rejects off your hands for you. Try The Native Woman's Resource Centre it's Located at Gerrard & Sherbourne Toronto.

It really does feel better to give than to receive, and someone else will cherish your old treasures.

Thanks for listening,

Happy Holidays

Follow me on twitter @genuinejanuary

No comments:

Post a Comment