Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Things are starting to heat up!


My friend Chloe, bbm'ed me randomly the other day and invited me to go to a hot yoga class. I had the time, and always like to keep active so I decided to go with her. It was to be Chloe's first time, but, I had taken a few hot yoga classes over the years. I was actually quite excited because I have been really tense and anxious lately with the combination of work, school, and maintaining a social life...whhhheeeeewww! Remembering the feeling of leaving a hot yoga class had me ready to go--the best way I can describe it is how you feel after receiving a deep tissue massage. You are left so relaxed and de stressed, its like your body is saying "thank you, I really needed that!"

The Studio that we went to specializes in Bikram yoga, it is a series of poses that are done in a heated room of 110 degrees. There are 26 poses and two breathing exercises during one session. Throughout the class, you will sweat profusely...every time I go I think I literally sweat out three pounds. It is an abdominal work out, combined with stabilizing exercises, ending with meditation full body relaxation. Additionally, there are many more benefits of practicing hot yoga; detoxification, muscle strengthening, weight loss, boost immune system, increase energy.

Hot yoga is the perfect way to destress and stay warm during the winter. To find a yoga studio near you I suggest checking out www.yogatoronto.ca




1 comment: